As a network marketing business professional I’ve read my fair share (to say the very least) of network marketing books.
It has taken 14+ years of learning and development to get to where I am today and I’d say that most of us will humbly admit that self-development, an amazing mentor/sponsor and just plain hard work is the key to network marketing success!
If you’re new to the network marketing industry — or you’re as much a student as a practitioner of the game as I am — you might be thinking:
“Which books about network marketing are a good place to start?”
“How to become the best network marketer I can be?”
And the question everyone asks themselves at some stage…
“How can I make MORE money in network marketing?”
To this end, I’ve taken the time to lovingly curate an all-star list of 20 must-read network marketing books to help newbies and seasoned veterans breathe more fire into their careers and put more money into their pockets in 2020.
Enough with the chit-chat, let’s get reading!
The 20 Network Marketing Books That Will Set You On The Right Path in 2020 (And Beyond)
‘Your First Year in Network Marketing’ by Mark and Rene Yarnell has got to be one of the very first books on network marketing that I picked up “fresh off the boat” about a decade ago (time really does fly when you’re having fun — and making your dreams come true)!
This has got to be one of the best network marketing books for beginners and is the perfect starting point for ALL of you who have taken the plunge to join the most welcoming industry the world has ever seen.
It provides you with honest and straightforward information that teaches you about things like:
- Dealing with rejection — the quicker you can overcome this hurdle the better!
- Network marketing recruitment and training.
- Easing out of another profession — more about this in my network marketing tips article.
If I had to give it one piece of constructive criticism, it’s a little outdated in terms of the tech and type of world we live in today (I believe it is being updated at the moment), but the guiding philosophies contained within are still as sound advice as they were when I first read it!
Okay, so this list of network marketing books wouldn’t exist without the great Dave O’Connor — homage must be paid its dues!
I’ve worked closely with Dave over the course of my career in the network marketing industry and this book covers perhaps the most important part of any would-be network marketer’s training: your mindset.
The book explores my own insights into what it takes to build a successful career in network marketing and shares Dave’s 21-step plan that will guide you forging the mindset of a network marketing champion and help you:
- Overcome your self-limiting fears and doubts.
- Attract the right people in your team and grow business leaders.
- Cultivate the necessary habits to take your business to the next level.
This one is highly personal for me (for obvious reasons) and I would highly recommend it to anyone that is just starting out and especially to those who struggle with confidence issues — I used to be unbelievably shy — but, with a lot of help along the way and cultivating the right mindset you can say that I became the proof in the pudding and so can you!
If you know anything about network marketing, then you know who Eric Worre is.
This easy to read network marketing book is an absolute gem from a master that has been in the field for more than half my life and it contains such simple wisdom for anyone in your business/team including yourself!
It shares practical advice and principles on:
- How to start a network marketing business.
- How to follow up and keep your prospects’ interest.
- How to cultivate the right attitude towards success.
For me this book really reaffirmed the reason why MLM is better, how it can not only make my own life better, but also those that are willing to come on the journey with me — it’s all about following through and fighting for your dreams!
#4 Building an Empire: The Most Complete Blueprint to Building a Massive Network Marketing Business — Brian Carruthers
If the previous entry didn’t get you excited then Brian Carruthers’ ‘Building an Empire’ is the professional blueprint you have been waiting for.
This is definitely 1 of my top 10 network marketing books and has been instrumental in helping me grow my own global business to where it is today.
It can help you:
- Quickly grow a highly profitable network marketing business with a complete game plan.
- Avoid a lot of the pitfalls that most of us go through.
- Effectively teach your team how to achieve their own goals for the collective good.
This book is a bible of network marketing goodness that absolutely everyone can benefit from no matter where they are in their journey, but especially if you’re serious about getting to the top.
#5 Get Over Your Damn Self: The No-BS Blueprint to Building A Life-Changing Business — Romi Neustadt
Romi Neustadt hits all the right notes with her business advice that ultimately helps readers realise that their greatest power comes from within — the ultimate truth we can seek out with the proper mindset and setting goals!
This is one of those no B-S (as advertised) books for network marketing mums that I relate to so well having built my own business around 3 of my wonderful kids.
It covers a lot of good stuff like:
- How to connect with anyone about your business.
- What the opportunities in the business are.
- Building confidence to take on anything!
I’m a big fan of her witty writing and you really tell she is super passionate about helping others which is totally what I’m on board with in my own business.
#6 The 21 Indispensable Qualities of a Leader: Becoming the Person Others Will Want to Follow — John C. Maxwell
Whilst not a typical book about network marketing, this book has been very influential in helping me cultivate the necessary qualities to lead my own team.
They say “some are born to lead, others are born to follow,” but I truly believe that becoming a great leader is something that can be honed with patience, practice and damn hard work.
John C. Maxell’s book shares 21 leadership qualities with short stories and insights to help you:
- Explore your own leadership qualities.
- Identify ways to improve yourself.
- Apply and hone these qualities in your everyday life.
It’s a short, simple read, but warrants your careful attention. The man is a leadership expert and is a compelling source of inspiration that I turn to every so often.
Perhaps the most challenging aspect of network marketing — and any business for that matter — is how to approach prospects successfully.
Tom’s work is a tour de force in the network marketing industry (see #13 below) and this book has everything to get you opening up your prospects without putting them off.
‘Ice Breakers’ will help you:
- Make “prospecting” great again — he’s an American writer (I just couldn’t help myself 😉 )
- Have control over how you communicate to prospects so that you have more successful outcomes.
- Keep your friends — no one wants to lose mates over bad communication and things better left unsaid.
If you’re struggling to “close without closing” and “sell without selling” like I did early on in my career, this is a book you absolutely have to read!
Click the social icons below to share “20 Must-Read Network Marketing Books To Maximise Your Earnings in 2020”
#8 Freakishly Effective Social Media for Network Marketing: How to Stop Wasting Your Time on Things That Don’t Work and Start Doing What Does — Ray & Jessica Higdon
Social media and network marketing is certainly where I’ve seen most of my success (I even wrote a book about it — check out #20 on this list).
The power of networking online can not be ignored in today’s day and age and this couple have got the stuff on how to do it without pi$$ing people off.
This short book teaches you about:
- The types of posts to use to do social the “right way”.
- How to set up powerful profiles online.
- How to follow up correctly with prospects.
Being savvy on social media is an absolute must these days as you have to meet your audience where they spend their time online — this book has really aided me in fine tuning my approach.
I can only imagine that as the internet and these platforms continue to have a greater sway in our lives that doing business on them will become second nature.
Another one of the great network marketing books out there for its simplicity and making a recipe for success that your team can easily follow.
Randy Gage breaks down how to:
- Get over the hurdles that might be holding your business back.
- Get the network marketing basics right.
- Build a strong business — one’s own business is only as strong as its core network and its ability to duplicate itself.
This book — especially the last 10 pages — gets me going every time I go back to it and often reminds me of why I started, why I sacrificed so much and most importantly, why I’m still here!
In this book Ray Higdon (see #8 above) lends his expertise to the bestselling authors of Go For No! for this companion guide honing in on network marketing.
‘Go For No! for Network Marketing’ shares:
- How to handle rejection and change your mindset around “NO”.
- How to start taking action to grow your business.
- Powerful insights and stories to inspire greatness in yourself.
There is so much I’ve gleaned from this book and I personally enjoyed the 17 Go For No! inspirational stories of thought leaders in the space when I was rising through the ranks myself.
#11 The Prospecting Game: How to Follow-Up & Sponsor with Confidence, Turning Rejection into Success in Network Marketing — Wes Linden
This one certainly falls into the same category as ‘Ice Breakers’ but it’s so useful that I couldn’t help sharing it as well.
‘The Prospecting Game’ shows that a network marketing business can indeed be built on trust, kindness and a willingness to help others succeed.
Pick this book up to learn:
- How to approach (and not to approach) people and answer the awkward questions we all encounter.
- How to cultivate the right attitude to build a successful team.
- The basic business building methodology and techniques.
If you decide to purchase this book below, you’ll see my recommendation of Wes’ ’79 Network Marketing Tips’ on the page well, and I simply can’t recommend this one enough for all levels of network marketer.
This network marketing book is all about asking the right questions to get the right answers — the subtle art of persuasion at its finest.
Allan Pease is famous for his work on body language and it shows in this title. The psychology behind identifying a person’s PMF (primary motivating factor) helps give you a greater chance of convincing them of your offering.
The author shares insights on how to:
- Ask your prospects the right questions and useful prompts to get them talking.
- How to read your prospects and the body language cues you should look out for.
- Different body language gestures to show prospects you’re a good listener so you can close more often.
I really enjoyed this one as there is honestly so much to learn about the psychology of selling and how to “read” the situation.
Selling yourself and your products is a lifelong pursuit once you commit to network marketing mastery.
#13 The Four Color Personalities For MLM: The Secret Language For Network Marketing — Tom “Big Al” Schreitter
Following onwards with the psychology of selling is this next book by none other than “Big Al” (see #7 above).
By identifying the different “colour” personalities our prospects have we are able to peel back the curtain and understand how they feel and what matters to them
This book will help you:
- Gain the confidence to speak to anyone in “their language.”
- Recruit more prospects with greater ease by understanding their behaviour and what motivates them.
- Harness a secret power to influence people for world domination — haha, okay, please take that with a pinch of salt, but the principles contained within these pages do apply to navigating everyday relationships.
This stuff is really the secret sauce for anyone that wants to drill down into a structured, proven strategy for prospecting like the pros.
Click the social icons below to share “20 Must-Read Network Marketing Books To Maximise Your Earnings in 2020”
The title and cover is enough to make anyone interested in a little side hustle — the truth is that making “beach money” is a veritable reality with network marketing.
Jordan’s book strives to share lessons learned over a long career that help set you up for living the life of your dreams by living to work and not working to live.
‘Beach Money’ is perfect for those looking to learn about:
- The importance of building relationships.
- The steps to creating a winner’s mindset.
- How network marketing companies work.
The inspirational messaging that drives this book forward is something that appeals to me and it will definitely get you dreaming about cocktails on the beach with a burgeoning bank account to boot!
Disclaimer: This is definitely not a book about network marketing, but it’s packed with everything that can help you be a better network marketer by changing your money mindset!
Jen Sincero writes with so much fire (there are a fair amount of F-bombs thrown around) and LOL comedy that you can’t help but be inspired by her simple, straight to the damn point advice about changing your relationship with money.
Buy this book if you want to:
- Break the shackles of your self-limiting beliefs around money.
- Cultivate daily practices to invite more abundance into your life.
- Get highly motivated to make impactful changes to your financial life.
Honestly, I really enjoyed the comedic banter in this book and the daily rituals are easy to follow for everyone that wishes to expel their negative relationship with money.
#16 She Means Business: Turn Your Ideas into Reality and Become a Wildly Successful Entrepreneur — Carrie Green
Again, this book is not strictly about network marketing, but I’m really in the business of helping to empower women in business and this book is an inspiration!
It’s really all about Carrie’s personal foray into entrepreneurship and loads of actionable takeaways that will help any of you on the edge to take a leap of faith in realising your entrepreneurial dreams.
‘She Means Business’ can help you to:
- Take control of your ideas with actionable strategies.
- Set goals and align yourself to them in order to succeed.
- Inspire action to make sh!t happen!
My career in network marketing started with an idea/opportunity to work on my own terms. Carrie’s work is an inspiration for all female entrepreneurs to act on their dreams which is everything I stand for.
#17 The Miracle Morning for Network Marketers: Grow Yourself FIRST to Grow Your Business FAST — Hal Elrod & Pat Petrini
This entry is one of many in ‘The Miracle Morning’ series and my personal favourite — duh, obviously ;P
Hal & Pat explore the effects that adopting the mindset, strategies and rituals of the best in the business can have on your path to the top (and how to keep you there).
Get this book if you want to:
- Learn from the top 1% of successful network marketers.
- Have a structured morning that promotes positivity to help you execute for the rest of your day.
- Master the necessary network marketing skills that make a difference.
All in all this is a really useful book that is helpful for anyone that struggles with work life balance and time-management — especially those that are juggling their day jobs with setting up a network marketing business.
This is one of the network marketing books that I picked up fairly recently and I was pleasantly surprised with Rob Sperry’s insights into the “networking” part of network marketing — which is really what we all need to be adept at.
Rob shares how the visionaries of our time have used the power networking to great effect and his own personal success stories to show how we can reach the same heights.
‘The Game of Network Marketing’ will provide you with the tools to:
- Grow your influence and base effectively.
- Foster genuine relationships with your prospects that are win-win.
- Become the best network marketer (and person) you can be.
This one might have snuck its way onto the list of my top 10 network marketing books of all time — maybe I’ll write another article on that some time…
This one is for all of those stay-at-home mumpreneuers out there (and fur-mums too) looking to start a business in network marketing.
Whilst this isn’t specifically a book about network marketing, it’s a super fun and insightful read that gives you the skinny on how to start an online business that can be applied to network marketing.
LTM’s ‘Boss Up!’ comes complete with:
- Meaningful exercises and activities to work through when starting up.
- Relatable truths for mums and great advice for would-be business owners.
- All the inspiration and motivation you need to go for gold!
This book hit home for me as a stay-at-home mum and the author’s story and lessons are so passionately shared that I find myself thinking about how I can apply them in my own life quite often — the sign of an outstanding book!
Last but certainly not least is this network marketing book written by yours truly.
This one is particularly special to me as writing a book was a BIG goal of mine back in 2014 — at the time I had successfully built a multi-pound million business with network marketing on social media — and I had a burning desire to help others do the same (and I still do today!)
‘How I Doubled My Business With Social Networking’ is an honest account of how to:
- Follow your dreams and forget about the naysayers (especially when the going gets tough).
- Use a step by step process with social media to fast-track your progress in the industry.
- Ultimately succeed in growing a network marketing business — so you can be inspired to do the same!
Working with motivated mums has become my life’s greatest work and this is just a small piece of what I have to share — if you’re on the fence about network marketing, reach out to me and let me show you how I can help you live the life of your dreams.
Get Reading These Network Marketing Books
The network marketing industry has already taught me so much, but I really enjoy tucking into a good book that shows me something I didn’t know — there is no end to learning in this journey.
If you’re serious about being a network marketing success and making more money than you’ve ever imagined these are the best network marketing books and self-development/mindset pieces for you to sink your teeth into.
What are you reading at the moment?
Have I missed any page turners that are worth a look?
Please leave a comment and let me know.
As always, I hope you found this article useful and if it could help to add some value in your friends’ or families’ lives, please click the social icons below.